System requirements: in keeping with the retro gaming PC aspect of this program, Windows NT 4.0 requires at least Service Pack 3. Other than that, Windows 95/NT or better. Yes, StoreTrainer will run on modern Windows 10 and Windows 11 machines.
StoreTrainer 1.0.4, source code, and necessary Microsoft runtime files are included.
StoreTrainer 1.0.4 (full download)
This will update any version of StoreTrainer to v1.0.4. It includes just the version 1.0.4 binary as well as source code, and will check for a previous version of StoreTrainer on your system.
StoreTrainer 1.0.4 (patch)
1.0.4 (Current Version)
- Help\Update menu item removed, as it is not feasable to use VB6 to craft an update tool that still works on Modern Windows
- Installing Windows Script Host should no longer result in an error
- StoreTrainer will set the working folder as needed for the game and trainer (some older trainer executables not only expect to be in the game folder, but also need their Working Directory set)
- Version bump of the 1.0.1 release
- Styles the installer and uninstaller to Windows 95/98 (this time it works on Windows 10)
- Corrects an error in the 1.0 uninstaller that didn't delete the Start Menu shortcut
- Cleans up code
- This was an attempt at writing an old fashioned installer to mimic the look of Windows 95/98
- Since it didn't work on Windows 10, it was scrapped
- Initial release of StoreTrainer
This provides both StoreTrainer and the Microsoft runtime files necessary to get it running on older systems
This requires StoreTrainer to be installed, and will update you to the latest release. The main difference is that the patch installers do not contain the Microsoft runtime files.