Download RaggieSoft Book Reader
There are several broken links that will be worked on now that the Book Reader has moved from .NET Framework 4.8 to .net 5. If you encounter a broken link, simply right click and select Back.
Also, if the screen comes up blank or returns an error: please be patient as WebView2 sets itself up. In the future, we will come up with a loading screen to let you know action is happening.
False Positive Virus Warning: As we don’t have hundreds of dollars (a year!) for a code signing certificate, these downloads will be flagged by your anti-virus software. Your anti-virus software is working exactly as expected.
RaggieSoft Book Reader is the home of our books. This is more an adventure in
teach us how to write program code. The books are available for reading online as well as download onto your Windows machine (Mac and Linux users: we have neither the time, nor the money, but if you’re interested in teaching us Mac or Linux programming, please get in touch).
Download Book Reader v0.4.4
Being Worked on for Beta 5
- Moved to .net 6 for modernization (and possible multi platform software?)
- Adding and removing books within the software
- Ability to check for updates
What’s New in Beta 4
- Books are now their own installlers, which will facilitate checking for updates
- Fixed issues (hopefully this time!) with downloading and installing Microsoft runtimes
- Created a landing page when you attempt to add books, which will eventually be the home of adding books and checking for updates
- Beta 4 Update 2 (0.4.2) tested and verified working on Windows 11
- More info on installer progress bug (we are waiting on a Microsoft provided fix)
- Windows 8.1 or later
- This will be changed to requiring Windows 10 or higher when Beta 5 is released
- Microsoft .net framework 4.8 and 5.0 (the installer will download these if necessary)
- Microsoft WebView2 (the installer will download this if necessary)
- Microsoft WebView2 will not replace your existing browser
This will be presented inside the Book Reader software when it is developed further. There will also be a way to uninstall individual books. For now, the Reader uninstaller will take care of removing books for you.
Rachel’s Story, Book 1
Rachel and her family growing up
Rachel’s Story, Book 2
Rachel and her family have kids
Sarah takes care of her special needs brother
To uninstall books, simply uninstall the Reader, which will also remove all installed books. Coming soon: ability to uninstall books you no longer want to read, without removing the Reader.